Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle and Bitbucket Server deployments

John Welsch March 21, 2018

We are new to Bitbucket server. Our dev team does web apps and Oracle 12c database.  I am working on the Oracle end and I would like to know how Deployments are being done. We use Toad for Oracle, and I have it integrated with Bitbucket Server for development, but once it is ready for deployment, what is the usual process that people use? Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Nate Hansberry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2018

Hi John,

If I understand your question correctly you are looking for deployment options, tips and suggestions.

Since Bitbucket Server doesn't have any deployment functionality I believe you may need to utilize the Bamboo product to handle deployment related tasks.

More details on Bamboo can be found here :https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/getting-started-with-bamboo-289277283.html

With Bamboo added to your product suite, the workflow could potentially be this:

- A change is made to your webapp

- The change is pushed to a staging branch (ie. feature, bug, release, etc) that is tracked by Bamboo

- Bamboo will build and test the changes to ensure the integrity of the code is preserved

- Once the code is tested you can instruct Bamboo to merge the code into a production branch of your repo and/or deploy into your production environment

I hope this information is helpful! 

Sowmya March 17, 2019

Does Bitbucket Cloud have options to deploy to Oracle server?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events