Old Stash upgrade

Arturas R. November 8, 2017

Hello community,

I have an old Stash 3.10 version which needs upgrade and migration to a new virtual machine. I have read bunch of forums and discussions, but I have a few questions.

1. Is it really enough to copy $STASH_HOME folder to a new server and change env var to $BITBUCKET_HOME?
  2. What is the best path to upgrade version wise? There are many missing "Upgrade notes" links in https://www.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/download-archives. I had troubles to go from Stash 3.10 to BitBucket 5.4 Maybe there is path, like 3.10 to 3.x to 4.x to 4x. to 5.x?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hi,

Yes, you can simply use the Stash home directory, point $BITBUCKET_HOME to it and then start Bitbucket Server to upgrade.

There is no prescribed upgrade path, you can upgrade from any version of Stash to any version of Bitbucket Server directly.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Arturas R. November 10, 2017

But I have done that on test system, but after restart Stash or BitBucket (they used same system db) did not start, SpringMVC cannot start error. Logs showed that there some database tables are missing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events