Not relevant Bamboo builds are shown up in Bitbucket Server's pull requests

csaba.sari@shore.com May 22, 2017

Hi, 

We are using Bitbucket Server v4.11.1 and Bamboo Server 5.15.3 (and JIRA 7.2.4). Projects in all three application are linked together and build related pull request restrictions have been set on Bitbucket (no merging until successful build). 

We are on Gitflow - default branch is develop, production branch is master and automated merging is enabled (this have been set on Bitbucket). The repository has been added in Bamboo as linked repository - so basically no manual configuration was done during the setup. 

When I check a pull request status in Bitbucket (for example from a Release branch to Master), I can see not relevant builds there also (no problem with the other - Shoredocs - build, the same linked repository referenced in a different build plan too):

Screenshot from 2017-05-22 11-44-03.png

So there is a reference to default branch (develop) and a reference to the release branch also. This PR (and all others) are from the release branch to master. 

Why was the default branch's build referenced by Bitbucket, if the pull request was from a release branch against the master? 

Many thanks,

Csaba

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017

Hi! How are you doing?

In fact, you see in this screen all builds that were made using the same commit. So, supposing you have created a branch from this commit and did not make any changes to the new branch, the build will appear there.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Cristiano

csaba.sari@shore.com June 6, 2017

Hi Cristiano,

Thank you for your answer - I did not expect any answer on that (also opened a support ticket at Atlassian Support). 

I just expected something like this - but still don't understand the `why` part of it. The default branch has it's own build and the release branch too. Why Bamboo detects branch plans as a dependency if it's sharing the same commit hash? It would be more logical to check only the relevant branch hashes (and not involving other branches) because if a build against a specific hash was OK, it should be OK on branch plan also. 

That's my problem with it. But I don't think so that it cannot be fixed. 

regards,

Csaba

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events