Not receiving verification emails

trilogygroup April 26, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to set up a colleague and his confirmation email is not getting through (even though it's on the same domain as mine, which are working). I've checked the server logs and there has been no attempt to send the email. I set him up an alias for his account and that didn't work, either.

How can I resolve this? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

G'day!

Does the user already have a Bitbucket Cloud account? If not, they will need to sign up for one first as there is currently a bug causing an error sending invitation emails:

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

trilogygroup April 27, 2023

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

No, they don't - because we're not receiving the validation email, so they can't be signed up.

As a test, I started the password reset process for my account - with an email address on the same domain - and I received the password reset email straight away. I added the Atlassian domains to the whitelist, just to be sure, but I checked the logs and there was no attempt to send emails to that account.

Is there anything else I can do? I don't really want to have to set them up on a different email system. Cheers.

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2023

Hi again,

Users can sign up any time for a Bitbucket Cloud account without needing a validation email by accessing https://bitbucket.org and clicking the "Get It Free" button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

Once they have completed the signup process and they have a Bitbucket Cloud account - you will be able to invite them without any issues. Unfortunately, the main symptom of the bug is that users who don't already have a Bitbucket Cloud account cannot be invited to workspaces as the email never sends to them.

The above bug is expected to be fixed by our developers next week.

Cheers!

trilogygroup April 27, 2023

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sign up process involves receiving an email with a link that has to be clicked..?

So I click "get it free", then "next", then enter the email address - then we're supposed to get an email..?

We're not getting that email, so the sign-up process can't be completed.

Unless there's some way around that?

Thanks.

Ben
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2023

Hi,

Yes - this is correct. Apologies for my misunderstanding - if there is no emails being received at all (not even a signup verification email) this has to be investigated in our backend.

I've just raised a support ticket on your behalf, please check your email and we will communicate further there.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events