Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving transfer emails

TheDrivingForce March 31, 2022

I've seen a few posts about this and am having the same issue.

I have initiated transfers of 2 repositories and the new owners are not receiving the transfer emails to approve.

I have double checked the details and am sure they are correct.

@Caroline I believe you assisted someone with a similar issues recently.

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @TheDrivingForce,

My first suggestion would be that the new owners check their Spam folder, in case the transfer emails ended up there. Repository transfer emails are sent from notifications-noreply@bitbucket.org

If the transfer emails are not there, please ask the new owners to

1. Log in to https://community.atlassian.com/ with the same email they use to log in to Bitbucket Cloud
  2. Leave a reply here, in this post of yours

I will then be able to view the email of their account and check if that email address is in any of our suppression lists.

Kind regards,
Theodora

TheDrivingForce April 1, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

This is the "other" Derek Hughes that is supposed to be the recipient of the repository transfer but did not get the email.

The new owner is also me using a different email as we have split the business into two companies.  And I am tryingto transfer the repos over to the right company.  

I have two totally independent user profiles, one for each company. 

I did check and there was nothing in Spam or anywhere else that I could find. 

Warm Regards

Derek

Derek Hughes April 1, 2022

Looks like both my BitBucket accounts are linked to ONE Atlassian account... 

Derek Hughes April 2, 2022

@Theodora Boudale 

I have now sorted out my two accounts.  In fact the one I posted from originally @TheDrivingForce is the intended new owner of the transfer and this account @Derek Hughes is the current owner that initiated the transfer.

I have still not be able to receive any transfer approval emails.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Derek

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the info.

The email address of @TheDrivingForce (who is the intended new owner) is not in any of our suppression lists.

I also checked our email logs and I can see that several emails regarding repository transfer have been sent to the email address of @TheDrivingForce, all of them show to have been delivered to your mail server.

I would suggest reaching out to the administrator of your mail server to investigate why the emails don't make it from the mail server to your inbox.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events