Not able to log into BitBucket

Richard Brodie May 2, 2016

When I attempt to log into Bitbucket via https://bitbucket.org/account/signin/ using my email address the following message is displayed:

"You must use your email address when authenticating with your Atlassian account."  and I'm prevented from proceeding.  

I can login into myAtlassian using this email address, and checked it is the only email address linked to my account.  If I try an incorrect password (or email) the error message correctly indicates this.  However when using the correct email and password the message (above) seems to indicate a different email address is required.

How do I fix this so I can access BitBucket?

2 answers

0 votes
Richard Brodie May 3, 2016

Thanks.  I have opened as support ticket as suggested

0 votes
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2016

Hi Richard - sorry you're experiencing issues logging in! There's currently an issue with login that is erroneously enforcing case-sensitivity on the email field - perhaps that's what you're encountering?

We're working on getting a fix out, but in the meantime, if you're still having trouble logging in, it would be great if you could open a support ticket (support@bitbucket.org) so we can further assist. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events