Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pull request exists with ID

Alex Alex October 11, 2017

I'm getting emails to say that a pull request has been created. When I follow the link, it tells me that the pull request doesn't exist. The pull requests were created by our own commit hook plugin - logging shows that the API call succeeds without any exceptions being thrown. It used to work, but we have regularly encountered this ever since we upgraded BitBucket Server to version 5.3. If I manually create the same PR via the UI, it works as expected.

We see these in the logs:

atlassian-bitbucket.log:2017-09-26 07:02:29,927 ERROR [AtlassianEvent::thread-1] smartling @1YM4EYXx422x865876x0 192.168.128.250 "POST /scm/tran/circ-ui-msi.git/git-receive-pack HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.e.AsyncBatchingInvokersTransformer There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.bitbucket.event.pull.PullRequestOpenedEvent[source=com.atlassian.stash.internal.pull.DefaultPullRequestService@271fae35]' for the invoker 'SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.stash.internal.jira.index.impl.IndexEventListener.onPullRequestOpened(com.atlassian.bitbucket.event.pull.PullRequestOpenedEvent), listener=com.atlassian.stash.internal.jira.index.impl.IndexEventListener@725c0f68}'

atlassian-bitbucket.log:2017-09-26 07:02:29,960 WARN [threadpool:thread-4] smartling @1YM4EYXx422x865876x0 192.168.128.250 "POST /scm/tran/circ-ui-msi.git/git-receive-pack HTTP/1.1" n.t.b.api.PullRequestListener InternalPullRequest{id=7709, title=Translation changes}: Mergeability check failed; pull request refs may not be up-to-date
atlassian-bitbucket.log:com.atlassian.bitbucket.pull.NoSuchPullRequestException: No pull request exists with ID 60 in CIR/circ-ui-msi.

If anyone has any suggestions on how we might resolve the issue, they would be gratefully received.

Some more details:

• We're creating a PR from a fork back to its origin repo. The fork has syncing enabled.
  • We successfully use the same plugin across many other repos configured in the same way - this appears to be specific to just one repo. As far as I can tell, it isn't configured any differently.

1 answer

0 votes
peter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi Alex, suggest you raise a support request - https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/BSERV/

Core DevOps April 26, 2021

Is there any other info on this?

alexmcmanus April 27, 2021

From what I remember, the issue turned out to be across all repos, not a specific one as I described here. We never got to the bottom of it - looked like there was something dodgy going on with transaction boundaries, but support didn't want to know unless we could reproduce it through the UI. Anyway, the issue went away some time later with the next major release of BitBucket server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events