Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No permission to access stash

Server Team May 21, 2020

Internal Directory Changed from Drop down error unable to loginto Stash URL. Error you don't have permission to access stash.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2020

@Server Team   Sorry that you are experiencing such  issue  are you able to  provide  logs  in

<BAMBOOINSTALLDIR>/logs/   ?

Kind regards,

Mo

Server Team May 21, 2020

None of the users are able to access not even administrator account. For everyone it keep giving the message No permission. I think I have accidentally moved the group directory down and none of the users who are configured through LDAP are able to login. 

Server Team May 21, 2020

I am totally new to it and we actually Git installed on the server I don't see any directory name BAMBOOINSTALLDIR for the logs

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2020

@Server Team  <BAMBOOINSTALLDIR>  means the installation  directory,  since you have sensed  that you might move the directory, you would need to do the Lockout recovery process   so that you can access bit-bucket as admin and the order the directory back  as it was. 

Server Team May 21, 2020

I am unable to paste the Logs in the this window Max 20000 Characters. Yes I might have moved the directory and We have configured on Windows Machine and its not Linux. Can you please share the article on how to do the Lockout recovery on windows Machine. The one which you gave has example of Linux. 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2020

@Server Team  It is in the link but let me past here directly

Configuring your system properties  in Windows it setenv.bat file  and the syntax in mentioned.

Server Team May 21, 2020

Thanks I find stenev.bat wanted to make sure if I am doing correct. 

rem
rem Occasionally Atlassian Support may recommend that you set some specific JVM arguments. You can use this variable
rem below to do that.
rem
set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Datlassian.recovery.password=temporarypassword"

Is this correct path in Windows setenv.bat and I will restart the bamboo instance and login with temp password for repair.

Server Team May 22, 2020

@Moses Thomas I need your help in getting this resolved. I am sorry for troubling you. If you could please assist and let me know if you get a chance to look into the previous message. It is production repository I don't want to take any chances. Please help me out.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2020

@Server Team  In the setenv.bat  just add

set CATALINA_OPTS=-Datlassian.recovery.password=abc %CATALINA_OPTS%

the user to login is  recovery_admin   you should be fine

Server Team May 22, 2020

@Moses Thomas  Thanks for your reply. I find these two options in catalina.bat

Shall I enter  at all the location.

-Datlassian.recovery.password=abc %CATALINA_OPTS%

:doStop
shift
set ACTION=stop
set CATALINA_OPTS=
goto execCmd

:doConfigTest
shift
set ACTION=configtest
set CATALINA_OPTS=
goto execCmd

rem Execute Java with the applicable properties
if not "%JPDA%" == "" goto doJpda
if not "%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" == "" goto doSecurity
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end
:doSecurity
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=="%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end
:doJpda
if not "%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" == "" goto doSecurityJpda
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %CATALINA_OPTS% %JPDA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end
:doSecurityJpda
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %CATALINA_OPTS% %JPDA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=="%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end

:end

Server Team May 22, 2020

@Moses Thomas Sorry I missed your line for adding it in setenv.bat

I will be adding this line before the end of the batch file 

set CATALINA_OPTS=-Datlassian.recovery.password=abc %CATALINA_OPTS%

Do we need to restart the bamboo services?  

Server Team May 22, 2020

@Moses Thomas  Thank you so much for your help and support. We finally fixed the issue with your support and guidance.

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2020

@Server Team  I am  glad, please accept answer so that other who fall into the same situation could use solution.

KInd regards,

Mo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events