Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HTTPS acces bitbucket

Boxplosive July 25, 2017

We have installed the new version of Bitbucket. v1.5.3.RELEASE

After installation we noticed that we cannot access Bitbucket over HTTPS.

In attempt 1 we used the same certificate as in the old version 4. In version 4 the certificate was working but not anymore in version 5.

In attempt 2 we changed via the JAVA keytool the pfx in a jks. The java keytool can read the certificate. We changed the configuration so it should be able to read the JKS but also this does not work.

Please take a look at https://pastebin.com/x4W4fp6A for the logfiles

If anyone can help us that would be great.

Thanks

Edwin

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Hi Edwin,

The UnrecoverableKeyException you're getting suggests that the keystore password you provided in bitbucket.properties doesn't match the actual password of the keystore.

Did you verify that the password is correct?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Boxplosive July 27, 2017

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I know that the password is correct. I have copied it from the server.xml to the new bitbucket.properties file.

I have also checked with the java keytool if it can read the certificate and it does.

Kind regards,

Edwin

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hi Edwin,

What does they keytool -list command display as the keystore format, and what's the content of the bitbucket.properties file?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Boxplosive July 27, 2017

Hi Christian,

The keytool - list

C:\Programs\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin>keytool -list -keystore C:\ProgramData\company\company.nl_2016-cert.pfx
Enter keystore password:

Keystore type: JKS
Keystore provider: SUN

Your keystore contains 1 entry

le-d6f46898-cc62-4522-ba1b-5930b73810e9, Jul 27, 2017, PrivateKeyEntry,
Certificate fingerprint (SHA1): DA:39:3F:92:61:B7:A3:9E:08:C8:A6:77:DF:07:E9:9A:A3:E5:E0:7C

And the bitbucket.properties

#>*******************************************************
#> Migrated to database at jdbc:sqlserver://BP-DB01:1433;databaseName=Bitbucket;
#> Updated by Boxplosive Administrator on 2016-04-04T10:54:09.088+02:00
#>*******************************************************
jdbc.driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://BP-DB01:1433;databaseName=Bitbucket;
jdbc.user=BitbucketServer
jdbc.password=XXXXX

server.compression.enabled=true
server.compression.mime-types=text/css,text/html,text/javascript,text/json,text/plain,text/xml,text/x-javascript,application/javascript,application/json,application/x-javascript,application/vnd.git-lfs+json

server.port=7990
server.secure=false
server.scheme=http
server.ssl.enabled=false

server.ssl.client-auth=want
server.ssl.protocol=TLS
server.ssl.key-store-type=JKS
server.ssl.key-store=C:/ProgramData/Boxplosive/star.boxplosive.nl_2016-cert.jks
server.ssl.key-store-password=aapaap
server.ssl.key-alias=note

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2017

Hm,

At first glance everything looks okay - the only thing is the key alias which you've set to note in bitbucket.properties, but if that were the problem I would expect a different error message.

I think we'll need to dig deeper - do you have access to our support site, getsupport.atlassian.com so you can open a ticket? When you do, please attach a support zip (or at least the catalina.out from the BitbucketInstallationDir/logs directory as well as bitbucket.properties), the keystore,  and the password for the keystore, and we'll be happy to take a deeper look for you!

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Boxplosive July 28, 2017

Hi Christian,

I would love to but we only have the starter license for Bitbucket. For all the other ones we have a 25 user license.

So the page does not give me the option to log a support ticket.

Kind regards,

Edwin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events