Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to install Stash on the Dell R720.

Srijiv Dimri July 20, 2014

Hi Experts,

I have a Dell R720 Server. I have recently purchased the licesnses for JIra, FishEye, Stash . I need to install all of them on the server. I am done with the Jira installtion and need to install Stash. Please help me with it. All the documents that I see, I am not able to make sure that if the installation has to be made on the server or on the clients end.

Could you all please help me with the step by step guide as to install Stash . For that do I need to install GIT on the server ?

Appreciate all your help in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

There is a very detailed guide here. Step 1 is to install Git.

(You need to do all this on the server.)

Hi Balazs,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have GIT installed now.

Gauss ~ # git --version

git version 1.8.5.5

I have configured 2 groups under /home/git as below
Gauss ~ # cd /home/git/
platform/ strategy/
Gauss ~ # cd /home/git/strategy/
Gauss strategy # ls
strategy.git
Gauss strategy # cd /home/git/platform/
Gauss platform # ls
project.git
Do I need to configure anything apart from this for GIT ?
Should I download Stash package for linux on the server or on the client machines ? And then should I follow the GUI instructions as per the link you shared ?
Appreciate all your help.
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

I am not sure you needed to create even these two groups. (Our server runs on Windows.)

The next step is definitely to download the linux installer and run it (on the server). Probably best to use the GUI.

Thanks for all the help. I downloaded the linux installer and initiated the script by running ./start-stash.sh, It says that the stash has been succefully started on port 7990, but when I try to access it from the browser, it gives me a weird error message :- A fatal error has occurred The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly: The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Please check the link at the other question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events