Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help installing BitBucket Vitual Machine Locally

Rowan Trimmer October 28, 2017

I am starting a new job next week and they have an application written using the Laravel framework and I understand that they use BitBucket as the Virtual Machine. I can code in PHP and use MYSQL but haven't a clue about Laravel etc. I have installed Laravel under XAMPP running on my PC and I can get the Laravel 5 page to load. I am really stuck from here on. I understand from googling that I need to install a VM terminal and wanted to install Bit Bucket locally as that is what I will be using in my new job. Could anyone point me in the right direction please? I am a quick learner but really struggling to get my head around this framework concept.

3 answers

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2017

Hello, I am really don't understand you question.

1. You have asked about installed Bitbucket on VM. ok. you can install from docker, dev sdk, or on VM install under Virtual Box or whatever install from install package. 

2. So many times you have written about lavarel framework, php and mysql. Well, As I understand correct you will work on new position, where you will be developer. Hence you should know about VCS/CVS. 

2.1. Let's start to learn this site https://git-scm.com/about/branching-and-merging

If you develop a new code, therefore you will need to understand how to git push you code to repository, git branching, merging, clone, forked. Therefore you can practice on bitbucket.org or github.com'

2.2. About lavarel let's start to read this source code https://github.com/laravel/framework

Could you clarify you question? If I understand your question wrong.

Cheers

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 votes

Thanks but that doesn't really help me. I have installed XAMPP, Laravel 5 on my local PC and I wondered what I needed to do next? Please bear with me, this is all new to me and I am finding it all very confusing. Do I need to install a terminal or is that was Bit Bucket is?

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2017

Thanks but that doesn't really help me. I have installed XAMPP, Laravel 5 on my local PC and I wondered what I needed to do next? Please bear with me, this is all new to me and I am finding it all very confusing. Do I need to install a terminal or is that was Bit Bucket is?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events