Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for git gc on remote repository

Nguyen Luong Dien June 22, 2020

My repository is still locked after being cleaned up. My fully cloned repository is ~160 MB but it's still showing 3.2 GB in the dashboard and I'm unable to push any new commits.

Could you help me run "git gc" on the server to see whether it fixes this issue???

Thanks.

Link to my repository:
https://bitbucket.org/tenpoint7/tenpoint7

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2020

Hi @Nguyen Luong Dien,

I've checked your repository and looks like the automated gc ran already, I can see a size of 542.5 MB. I know this differs from the size you mentioned in your message, but a few days have passed and I didn't want to take any further action. 542.5 MB is still a decent size so I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want you can run git count-objects -Hv on your local repo and see if it returns a similar size.

If you'd like, I can run another git gc on the remote but keep in mind that sometimes due to the operations that take place the size can temporarily increase. 

Hope that helps!

Ana 

Nguyen Luong Dien June 25, 2020

Hi @Ana Retamal ,

This problem was already resolved in this ticket by Ronald:
https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/11/BBS-139731

I created this thread before I realized that it was more appropriate to create a support ticket for my urgent situation.

Sorry about this redundancy...

Thank you for your reply! Have a good day!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2020

Ah, that's great! Glad that Ronald could fix it in time :D 

You too have a good day,

Cheers!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events