Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate repository "at specific commit" (e.g. sticky revision)

Antonio Anzivino January 13, 2016

I would like to know if it is possible to navigate the full repository status at the time of a given commit.

Said differently, after I identified a commit of interest, I would like to browse all files within the repository and view their actual state at that exact time, like if I was checking out that commit on my working copy.

Currently in Github I can do such by typing the commit hash into the branch navigator. Github will show me all the files that were present in the repository at the time of that commit, and every file displayed will reflect the commit.

What I want to achieve is to analyse old code by reading it, without setting the IDE up. I mentioned "sticky revision" from the Subversion world.

Is it possible with Bitbucket server? Or is it a good idea to propose to Atlassian JIRA for future release?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Hi,

You can do

http://BITBUCKET_SERVER/projects/PROJECT_KEY/repos/REPO_SLUG/browse?at=COMMIT_HASH

Is that what you are looking for?

Best regards,

Michael

Antonio Anzivino January 13, 2016

Oh cool, it's exactly what I was looking for! But sad that it was not intuitive to find out.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

It's easier to browse to commits that are either tagged or the tips of branches.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events