My code has dissapeared

Brad October 3, 2015

So, I have a repository that is only used by me, and I only do simple pushes. Today I went to my repository and in one of my directories my code is missing replaced with this: 

DualLoops → 8635cc0a2c54 [8635cc0a2c54]

Any idea where my code might have gone off to?

I cannot comment or answer because I am new. (super retarded to not be able to comment on your own post)  

Well the directory that disappeared was not a git repository if that is what you are asking. The code was there in the past, however it is not now.

2 answers

0 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2015

That is not what he was asking. git submodules are a Git built-in way to link one repository within another. The display you are referring to looks similar to how we display submodule links. So MH is assuming you had a submodule linked into that directory.If you had done `git submodule` at some point (or someone had done it on the repository before you began using it), that would be related to this. See https://git-scm.com/docs/git-submodule

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2015

Do you by any chance use git submodules in that repository? Could it be that the repository that the submodule refers to has been moved or deleted?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events