Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Bitbucket Accounts - which is which

Chris Boyd August 18, 2014

I currently have three Bitbucket accounts, for some reason. All three appeared in my.atlassian.netwhen I was creating a single login and a team. I need to know how to identify which SEN represents the account that contains our team's repos so that I can delete the other two accounts.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2014

The answer in part depends on whether you have an OnDemand instance. If you have OnDemand, chances are you'll have a team account that was automatically created and appended with -OnDemand. Quite often, the automatic team isn't required and can be removed. If you have JIRA, you can check the DVCS add-on page to see what accounts are linked (or not linked for that matter).

Also I wasn't sure if you are referencing team and/or individual accounts. In a nutshell you only need 1 individual account and if granted permission, you can access 1 or more team accounts. So the most common scenario from an admin standpoint is that you maintain 2 accounts (your account and the team account), so from your description it sounds like you might have more than 1 team account.

Finally, if the accounts in question are 5 user plans, then any accounts that aren't being used can be disabled or left dormant with no impact since its free. However, if you are paying for the accounts, get in touch with us so we can ensure you aren't being billed unessarily.

Chris Boyd August 20, 2014

Excellent. Yes, I was paying for two accounts but I made the necessary changes to move to the free account for my personal login. It was confusing on setup since you have to toggle between your personal account and team account to set up the paid subscription etc., but I'm in the clear now. Thanks, Jason!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events