Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Stash to new server [Install problem]

P July 19, 2015

Hi,

we'd like to move stash to a new server first and then upgrade this instance to the newest stash version.

Currently we run Stash v2.4.1 with a mysql database.

I did the steps like described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH024/Migrating+Stash+to+another+server

but I'm unable to start stash in its "old instance" after that.

Server settings are:

Mysql 5.5.38-0ubuntu0.14.04.1

Ubuntu 14.04

java version "1.7.0_80"

When I run stash with the new database settings set in stash-config.properties file and I do see the stash frontend, it thinks I want to create a fresh installation of stash.

I've set the <stash-home> path correctly in setupenv.sh and use the complete <stash-home> dir from the old server.

On the old server, stash was connected to a JIRA instance. A newer JIRA instance already runs on the same server - in a different version (a newer version) than on the old server. Does that mean something?

~Pascal

//Edit

I have enabled debug logging via <stash-home>/shared/stash-config.properties and restartet STASH. In catalina.out I dont see the verbose debug logging. Where does that happen now?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
P July 19, 2015

I moved the file 'stash-config.properties' from <stash-home>/shared/ to just <stash-home> and now it uses the file. I dont know why I had this file created (or moved) to the shared folder. Probably because I was reading the newest STASH docs before reading the 2.4 docs for STASH. Silly me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events