Moving Stash Repositories

RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

Hello,

I updated stash some time ago; however, now the server is running out of space. I have a SAN Lun attached, formatted, and mounted that I would like to move all of the data over to it. The pathes will change on the server.

Currently: STASH_HOME="/opt/stash"

I want to store the data, at least the heavily used resources, in: /atlassian/as/stash_data

Any tips or tricks to get this moved over? I couldn't find a sure fire guide that would help.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Hi Robert,

The definitive guide for migrating Stash is here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Migrating+Stash+to+another+server

All of Stash's mutable data is stored in the Stash home directory and whichever database you chose on startup. If you're not switching databases, you should be able to simply shut down Stash, move your Stash home directory to the new location (and update STASH_HOME) and then start Stash again.

cheers,

Tim

RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

Thanks a lot Tim!

Brice Parmentier September 16, 2014

Hi ! I'm in the same case than Robert, except I'm not out of space, but more on the way to clean my disks usage. I have another question concerning a strange behaviour after following the migration guide. When I installed Stash first (on Windows), two folders were created: C:\Atlassian\Stash (Stash bin and executables) and C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData (Stash data). So here is what I tried to do: - stop Stash (from the Windows services.msc interface) - move the folder containing data to a second local drive in D:\Stash-home (or more precisely copied its content to the new folder and renamed it to keep a safe copy) - then edit the setenv.bat to change the path of STASH_HOME - start again the Stash server always from services.msc => So that Stash restarts correctly, but another C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData is automatically created, and I try to connect on the Stash's web interface, I am asked to set up a new instance of the server. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong ? Thanks ! Brice

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events