Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Branch in BitBucket?

Ira Salsberg July 21, 2017

Hey there,

New to Git and BitBucket.  I have a local repo, with 3 Branches.  I use "Tower" on Mac to suplement BitBucket and the console. BitBucket is my "origin" for the project.

I just pushed the third Branch to BitBucket (Free plan).  While I can see it, I can no longer see the second branch there.  It still exist on local and when looking at local, origin in Tower.  

Also, in BitBucket, on the project Oveview page, it actually lists that I have 3 Branches in the project. However, again, when I click on the "3", it takes me to the Branch listing page, and only shows 2.  Even trying the search doesn't find the 2nd Branch.

Is this some sort of limitation for the free plan? Or just a bug?

Guess there's no support direcrtly from Atlassian for the free plan is there?

Thanks in advance!

Ira

1 answer

2 votes
Ira Salsberg July 21, 2017

Figured it out. I didn't notice that when clicking on the "3" branch link,  it takes me not to a list of all Branches, but just the active Branches.

The missing Branch was under a filter tab called "Merged", as I guess it is still in line with the master Branch?

I will leave this here, not becasue anyone else would be as stupid,  but, becasue I'm just stupid enough to do this again in the future. (Hello future me! Do we have walking sidewalks yet?)

Cheers.

norlinhenrik January 17, 2019

Thank you for pointing out that the default list is active branches, not all branches!

Like malte1989 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events