cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing API for default tasks

nicobrys July 18, 2023

In 2022, default tasks has been released on Bitbucket cloud:

https://bitbucket.org/blog/default-pull-request-tasks

It seems no API is available to perform this task? Please add an API endpoint to add default tasks to a respository

1 answer

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

I checked the REST API documentation, and I can confirm that there is no documented end-point to work with these.

Tip: you could eventually check the network tab of your browser for request-response pairs to see what goes from the browser to Bitbucket when you work with pull request tasks. We sometimes find interesting things that way, although there is a risk that they can change any time because they are considered "internal". But, if it is important, then you could try.

nicobrys July 18, 2023

Not really a solution. I want official support for this in the API so this can be added in the terraform provider as a 2nd step

nicobrys July 18, 2023

How can i get this converted into an official feature request?

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2023

Hello @nicobrys and thank you for reaching out to Community!

Just adding to @Aron Gombas _Midori_'s comment, Bitbucket Cloud API indeed does not currently publish an API for Pull Requests default tasks. It's only possible to add/update default tasks using the UI by navigating to Repository Settings > Default Tasks.

I went ahead and create a feature request to add an API endpoint for default tasks : 

I would encourage you to add your Vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @nicobrys !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events