Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes when setting WAIT to true in trigger-pipeline

LoLei February 21, 2022

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/trigger-pipeline has a setting called `WAIT`, that if set to true, will wait for the triggered pipeline to finish, in the pipeline that triggered it.

When setting this to true, do both pipelines count towards one's Bitbucket Pipelines minutes usage? Or is the "waiting" pipeline "suspended" from the minutes, while it waits?

This would be ideal. Otherwise, many people, including me, would be deterred from using the `WAIT` feature, if it means essentially doubling the minutes used for each triggered pipeline.

I presume that both pipelines count towards the minutes, so I'd like to add this as a feature request, if nothing else.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

Hi @LoLei 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you!

I would like to inform you that "waiting" the pipeline is actually counted against the build minutes because the build is actually running.

I've opened a feature request for you: BCLOUD-21716 - WAIT flag in trigger-pipeline pipes is counted against build minutes

Our development team will give a first-hand update on that ticket if there's any progress made so I would suggest keeping a watch and vote for it.

Do note however that there's no ETA on enhancement request, and all enhancements are implemented with this policy in mind: Implementation of New Features Policy

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events