Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from SVN to GIT/BitBucket

Dan Murphy February 17, 2013

I need to create a git repo in BitBucket, linked to our AOD account and Jira instance, for a new project this week.

I am not ready to migrate our existing SVN repos to git in BitBucket (mostly due to the CI tools rework required).

If I start creating a BitBucket git repo, am I going to be forced by your tools to migrate by existing SVN projects, too?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2013

Hi Murphstein,

You can create a Bitbucket account via my.atlassian.com, under the products you can create the Bitbucket account, similar to how other applications can be added. This will automatically integrate to your instance.

If you choose to set-up a seperate Bitbucket account the process will be per the following guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Linking+a+Bitbucket+or+GitHub+repository+with+JIRA+OnDemand

To give you an overview of this process, you need to create the Bitbucket account, create an OAuth connection to JIRA, add the OAuth pair data to JIRA and the DVCS connector will be able to complete the integration process.

There is no forcing of existing SVN repos, they can be retained until you choose to migrate.

Cheers,

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events