Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to MYSQL for Stash 2.12.3

Chris Langridge May 26, 2014

Hello,

I have a working POC of Stash 2.12.3 currently connecting to an MS-SQL DB and I'm looking to migrate this to a MYSQL DB. When i select the Databse administration and select MySQL Database type, i get the error "The required driver is not installed. Please see the documentation for more information.

I then followed the instructions and installed the mysql-connector-java-5.1-bin.jar into my Stash Home directory/lib folder and restarted Stash but i still get the following error when i try to migrate.

Does this file have to be renamed at all?

All of my installs are local and my current version of MYSQL is workbench 6.1.

Windows Server 2008 R2

Stash 2.12.3

Any help/advice would be apprecaited.

Thanks in advnace

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Hi,

In my stash instance varsion 2.10 I have used mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/mysql/mysql-connector-java/5.1.10to connect it to my sql 5.1.

Hi - Thanks for your response - I have tried this version of the mysql-connector and i get the same issue.

Is it as simple as copying this file to Stash Home/lib directory and restarting the stash service or am missing something else?

Thanks

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

have you restart stash after coping the driver to lib?

If no, restart stash

Thanks - restarting this fixed the problem. I was only restarting the windows service!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events