Migrate 'hookscripts' Pull Request POST to webhooks

chris_miller June 11, 2015

I have about 75 Pull Requst POST's in place to update my servers as people working successfully merge pull requests..

This is being deprecated and now we have to move towards webhooks. The problem i foresee is that (within a single repo) I have different Hook-scripts setup for different branches, updating different servers, this doesn't seem to be possible now.

I tried to get one of them working using the same URL i previously used for my pull-request POST and i receiving '10000msTIMEOUT

Can anyone shed some light on this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brian Edwards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2015

Hi Chris,

You are correct the current implementation of webhooks supports configuring receivers per-repository but not per-branch. We are discussing how we might implement such a feature, and I'll give you more details once I have them. We won't remove pull-request POST without having a solution for you with the new webhooks.

As for the timeout. I believe that the fact that the new webhook payload is similar but not exactly the same as the pull-request POST payload is causing your receiving service to hang. Do the logs of your receiver give any hints as to what is going on?

I apologize that your initial experience with the new webhooks was bumpy.

Kind Regards,

Brian Edwards

0 votes
chris_miller July 9, 2015

Hey @Brian Edwards, do you have a timeline on when this functionality will be introduced to the new webhooks?

thanks in advance

chris_miller August 6, 2015

@Brian Edwards ?

Brian Edwards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2015

Hi Chris, I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. Unfortunately, this functionality is not going to be added to the new webhooks any time soon. You can work around this by parsing the JSON payload and dispatching to a handler for the branch found in the payload. Let me know if this is a workable solution for you. Kind Regards, Brian Edwards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events