Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from Windows SVN to Bitbucket Cloud

spearheadsoftware-admin May 3, 2016

We are looking to move to GIT from SVN.  Currently we are using VisualSVN on a local Windows server and want to move to Bitbucket Cloud.  I have checked the Atlassian migration guide here: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/migrating-prepare but this appears to be aimed at a linux based server/PC.  Not being a Linux or Java person I got stuck VERY early on in the Prepare stage of the guide.

Can anyone point me at a guide that is Windows based to move from a Windows based SVN environment to Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud?

3 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

Do you have git and svn command line client's installed? I assume they're required by the script, even though the tutorial didn't say anything about it.

spearheadsoftware-admin May 5, 2016

Thanks Seth that got it.  I had SVN installed but not the command line tools/

0 votes
spearheadsoftware-admin May 4, 2016

I am getting an "Unable to determine version" error still even after running the SET LANG=C command

D:\ProjectLocation>set LANG=C

D:\ProjectLocation>C:\JavaLocation\java -jar D:\GitScript\svn-migration-scripts.jar verify

svn-migration-scripts: using version 0.1.56bbc7f

Git: ERROR: Unable to determine version.

Subversion: ERROR: Unable to determine version.

This is being run from a development workstation.

The SVN repository is located on a separate server on the LAN.

I have the latest version of Java installed (Version 8 Update 91).

Any advice?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

On reading through those instructions, the only thing that is OS dependent is the path to the .jar file.

Anywhere a command says "~/svn-migration-scripts.jar", you should have something like "Downloads\svn-migration-scripts.jar" or whatever the path to your file is. Note that Windows uses a different slash to separate directories than *nix.

On *nix systems, the "~" is an alias for the current user's home directory. It should not be used in Windows, and isn't necessary on Linux/OSX, so don't get hung up on that either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events