Merging two Bitbucket servers

Richard Burstiner August 16, 2017

Hi All,

We are merging two JIRA servers (A & B) into one (A). I have seen some plugins to migrate the projects from the JIRA Software on server B to server A. These seem like they will perform the trick based on what we tested on the dev servers.

Server A has: JIRA Software, Bitbucket, Bamboo

Server B has: JIRA Software, Bitbucket

The question we are most concerned about is how to get merge the two Bitbucket systems. Our software teams think they can move the git repos but what about the data in the Bitbucket server regarding projects? Can we use the Bitbucket "Migrate Database" tool to merge the data on server B into server A?

Thank you very much,

Richard

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Hi Richard, at the moment it's not possible to merge 2 different Bitbucket Server instances. You can clone and push the repositories, but you won't be able to transfer the metadata. 

If you'd like to see that feature implemented, please vote for BSERV-10006 and BSERV-4586.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Best regards,

Ana

Richard Burstiner August 17, 2017

Thank you for the quick reply. I have voted. I don't understand why they have not created such a solution. Maybe someone can create a plugin???

Akash March 1, 2018

Are there any third party tool? or any third party vendor to do so?

Best,

Akash

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events