Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging a pull request results in error :The remote end hung up unexpectedly

janvandeklok November 7, 2016

Hi, we have setup a Bitbucket server running in an Openshift container. Everything seems to be working quite well exept for 1 thing:

After having creatd a feature branch, do some changes on the featuyre branche, commit and push the changes, creating a pull request and after approval of the pull request   I want to merge the code back to the master branch. At that point I get this error:

'/usr/bin/git clone --no-checkout --shared -b master /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/shared/data/repositories/18 /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/tmp/git/mjop-elements-ui-work5448053009367969887.git' exited with code 128 saying: Cloning into '/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/tmp/git/mjop-elements-ui-work5448053009367969887.git'... done. fatal: unable to look up current user in the passwd file: no such user fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I check the log files and the usual suspects such as user permissions etc but could niot find a clue of whats causing the error...

Could you help me to find the cause of the problem???

Regards,

Jan vande klok

1 answer

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2016

Hi Jan,

Sounds like looking into your logs will be necessary. I'd advise you to raise an issue with us in https://support.atlassian.com.

Best,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events