Merge Button is disabled and showing conflicts even though there are no conflicts

Madhu Padikar May 8, 2014

Hi All,

we have Stash running in Production.

Recently we are facing issue that merge button is disabled in Stash(it shows conflicts even though there are no conflicts).

Please help me out in resolving this Issue. Many developers are facing issue in merging the pull request because of this.

Atlasian ticket has been raised, but didnt get resolution from them. please help me out.

Quick reply is appricated.

6 answers

1 vote
Madhu Padikar May 11, 2014

@Balazs Szakmary

There are no merge conflicts.

This is showing merge conflict and merges are not happening.

1 vote
Madhu Padikar May 9, 2014

Through StaSH merging is not happening.

1 vote
Madhu Padikar May 9, 2014

yes i am able to do it in command line.

i am able to merge through command line.

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

One reason for "changes, where obviousliy are none" usually is line ending conversion during git operations. This depends on your git-setting core.autocrlf.

As it's quite complex to explain - and exhaustingly discussed already, I would recommend googling for "autocrlf" ...

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

Oh - I see original question is talking about "Merge in Stash". So it's about working with pull requests ... Sorry - no experience on my side with this.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

This might be trivial, but are you sure it is because of merge conflicts and not because of build or approve requirements?

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2014
Can you check if you can do that via git command in Stash box? In other words, the repositories you are trying to merge are fully accessible from Stash box? Permissions are set as they should be in Stash?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events