Math equations in Markdown?

Thijs November 30, 2017

Hi, how do I write (latex) math equations in Markdown? I want to create an online wiki page. Thijs

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Thijs! You can select Latex as a language by navigating to the repository settings and selecting it in the 'Language' dropdown. Could you find it?

Regards,

Ana 

Thijs December 4, 2017

Hey Ana, I did find it, but I was wondering if I can write math equations in a wikipage. Thanks for responding.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Thijs, sorry for my confusion. I'm afraid that at this moment it's not possible to write math equations in the wiki.

I've found 2 feature requests that you might be interested in:  

Support math formulas in wiki and Add Latex support in Markdown, you can vote for them to increase their popularity.

One of them has been closed, but I'd still encourage you to add a comment to it, and maybe it will get reopened if enough people shows interest.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Like amr-abed likes this
Thijs December 6, 2017

allright, thanks for the input!

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2021

@Thijs You may use an AddOn for adding Math equations in a confluence page. 

I would like to recommend LaTeX EASY math equation for Confluence for Confluence Cloud. 

It offers easy and intuitive ways to write Math equations. 

Please check it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events