Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown rendered on Bitbucket is unreadable is there an alternative (asciidoc)?

John Ruggentaler September 15, 2020

I edit my documentation in my IDE (IntelliJ) and I am able to preview the output but after I push to bitbucket the rendered HTML is unreadable. I have seen other discussions from 2018 about this issue but this is still happening. Frustrated as this seems like a simple transformation from Markdown to HTML. Is Asciidoc supported in Bitbucket? Is there an alternative to Markdown?

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2020

In your Labs settings, can you try enabling/disabling the Embedded HTML in Markdown feature and see if that makes a difference?

https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/features/

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 4.45.11 PM.png

John Ruggentaler September 15, 2020

I don't have permission nor do I want to change Bitbucket settings to get my Markdown documents to render correctly. Is there a documented list of Markdown features Bitbucket supports? I just want my rendered documents to be readadle. Ideally I would like some of the features of AsciiDoc but just rendering a paragraph so it's readable from Bitbucket would be a small step forward.

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2020

That is a user feature so if you have an account (you are logged in) you can access that link. This will help us narrow in on your issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events