Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown code block - supported languages?

ZentaAlanSmithee January 10, 2018

I am having some problems with a .md file not displaying code blocks properly inside my bitbucket repository. Is there a list of supported markdown code block languages available.

Languages I've tried / would like to be shown properly:

c# razor view syntax

```csharp .cshtml

React jsx syntax

```jsx

3 answers

0 votes
Joseph Hagerty May 4, 2022

Can we please have markdown support? Pretty please? 

0 votes
chris_hansen October 24, 2019

The markdown tutorial says "the 'short name' or the 'mimetype' of anything in" the list of Pygments lexers will work.

I think the syntax highlighting for file extensions is a different list from a different library.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Alan! According to our documentation, all the common coding languages are supported, including C# and JSX (for reference http://codemirror.net/mode/).

For more info you can also read Configuring syntax highlighting for file extensions.

I found this and this  in our issue tracker where code that was enclosed in a code block area was treated differently, but seems like it was fixed some time ago.

Regards,

Ana

Sergio Pedercini March 4, 2020

I still can't believe a company like Altassian have so poor support to these kinds of features. Yes, you actually support `jsx`, but it renders exactly like `javascript`, and... surprise! It sucks!

```jsx
import { GlobalStyles, ThemeProvider, theme } from "my-library"

const Root = () => (
<GlobalStyles>
<ThemeProvider theme={theme}>
<App />
</ThemeProvider>
<GlobalStyles>
)

```

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 10.15.10.png

Like # people like this