Managing/Modifying Atlassian Links to the Internet

I have JIRA Server, Confluence, Stash, Crucible/Fisheye installed on a company intranet without access to the Internet.  However, there are several links within these Atlassian tools that try to reach out to various Atlassian references on the internet.  I have downloaded Atlassian help documents and am trying to figure out how to repoint the internet links to a file folder where the help documents are stored.

Here are the specific tools and options I'm looking to edit:

Confluence 5.5.3
-Online Help link (also, how can I modify the dropdown menu items?) 

Stash 3.0.7
-Footer links to the internet 

Crucible/Fisheye 3.4.4
-Footer links to the internet 
-Atlassian Answers link for Fisheye
-Atlassian Answers link for Crucible
-Help link 

JIRA 6.2.1

Sorry, I don't have any screen shots.   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

Confluence

Use 'Custom HTML – At end of HEAD' feature.   Confluence uses JQuery internally so you can do things like

<script>AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('ul[id="poweredby"] a[href="http://www.atlassian.com/about/connected.jsp?s_kwcid=Confluence-stayintouch"]').attr('href','/administrators.action')
});</script>

Stash and JIRA

These don't have Custom HTML feature (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5200 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39823) so you would likely have to modify HTML and/or page templates.

Crucible

Modify JSP Source (download this from my.atlassian).

0 votes

Hi Christopher, 

I can think in two ways to do this. 

1 - Put these links in a whitelist allowing they be reached. As I could see, these links are only related to Atlassian domain, which would be safe (marketplace.atlassian.com, jira.atlassian.com), etc.

2 - If you still don't want to allow your servers reach the internet, then you can create an internal view into your DNS point the Atlassian domain to a internal address. However, I don't think this is the best solution, since some links might be necessary, like to install a plugin on Confluence by marketplace.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

658 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot