Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make folder private in bitbucket

Christopher Laurence February 2, 2016

Is there a way to make a folder in a repository private and only a few users can read and write to that folder? Ideally users without private access to the folder will be able to check out the repository but the private folder will not be present. Only users with access to the folder will be able to checkout the full repository. Is this feasible

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

Hi @Christopher Laurence
unfortunately on a separate folder is not possible to set permissions that differ from the repository permissions  

Christopher Laurence February 3, 2016

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know if there is a way to keep two separate repositories inline with each other? I'm thinking of having two repositories a public and private. The issue I'm facing is that we have IP code that some people need to see and it is dependent on the public files. 

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Put the private code in its own repo.  Don't attempt to replicate the public code.  Possibly look into submodules - I haven't really used them, but I think they'd be applicable to your case.

Christopher Laurence February 4, 2016

Thanks Tim, using submodules are a good solution to my issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events