Made a mess and Azure does not like me

Warwick Foster November 3, 2014

Untitled.png

Hi Folks,

I am new to Git. Picked up an existing system and tied it up in knots.  I have been able to publish my content through to Azure from VS2013 webdev but want to use Git and source tree. This tree has an older origin/master and origin/head which are no longer connected. Azure will now not take a connection to bitucket. 

Should I merge the origin/master back into the primary branch or can I remove it from the the git repository and have the connection taken up by master only.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

I don't see any mess in your screenshot. It appears to be a typical and correct state for a repository being worked on by multiple developers.

Someone did some work and pushed it to Bitbucket. In the meantime, you've made some local commits. All you need to do is Pull, and Git will merge those together so you can push. If there are conflicts, you'll need to manually resolve those, which is also typical, not a crisis.

Make sure to finish and Commit any work in your local repository before you Pull/Push.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

Also, I don't have any idea what Azure is, or what it has to do with Bitbucket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events