Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load all repositories in stash when the webpage loads

Karthik Bhat November 12, 2013

Currently I have more than 20 repositories in one of the Stash's projects. When the page loads initially in the project, only 10 repositories are shown and only when the user scrolls down to the bottom of the page, he can see the remaining 10 ten repositories.

How can I configure stash to load all repositories in a Stash project when the page loads initially?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

I don't think this is a configuration option (I don't see anything like that in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+config+properties#Stashconfigproperties-Paging besides the max per page overall).

Looking at the release notes for the developer API, this stands out: https://developer.atlassian.com/stash/docs/latest/reference/api-changelog.html#Page_limit

I think they do it for performance reasons, to avoid putting undue strain on the server.

Karthik Bhat November 12, 2013

Thank you Larry for your response. I updated the stash-config.properties file with page.max.repositories=1000 and restarted stash. But the page still loads just first 10 repositories initially. Am I missing something here?

Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

That is all that will show up on one page before you have to actually navigate to another page. It does not handle the inpage ajax calls to populate up to that 1000. Like I said, I don't think it is possible.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2013

Hi Karthik,

Thanks Larry. In Stash we try to have limits on everything. The max limit is how many you are allowed to ask for in a single request, which is mainly required for the REST endpoints which people use for various reasons. We wouldn't want to allow REST clients to be able to cause Stash performance problems if they started asking for thousands of entities.

The actual defaults for the project listing are hard-coded in both the Java (for the first 25 projects) and JS (for everything loaded when scrolling after that), and they aren't (currently) configurable.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Karthik Bhat November 21, 2013

Thanks Larry. I will arrange the repos in different projects then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events