List all non personal bitbucket repositories

Robert Nadon June 22, 2022

Hi all,

I am migrating bitbucket server to the cloud/SaaS and will only want to migrate the non personal / user repos.   

How would I get that listing?

Thanks in Advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2022

Hi Robert,

How are you planning to do the migration? Are you going to use the Bitbucket Cloud Migration Assistant, or are you going to write a script for the migration?

The recommended way to migrate is by using the Bitbucket Cloud Migration Assistant plugin, as this way you can also migrate projects, pull requests, and users. Please note that this is available for Bitbucket server 7.0.0 and newer versions.

The plugin can only migrate non-personal repos, so you don't need to filter out any personal repos during the migration process.

You can also check the following documentation for more details:

If you still want to get that list it should be possible via our API. You can use the following endpoint to get all projects in the instance:

When you have a list of projects, you can iterate them with the Project repository API to get a list of each repository in the projects:

Personal repos do not belong to standard Bitbucket projects. They are organized under internal projects where the project key is a tilde char (~) followed by the username (e.g. ~user1), so you can exclude these from your calls.

Please note that the documentation links I shared are for the API of Bitbucket Server 7.17.0. These APIs can be different from version to version, so if you need the documentation for a specific version, please let me know what version you are using and I can find and share the relevant links.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events