Linking Bitbucket Cloud to JIRA

David Badiola July 10, 2016

Just created a new JIRA account. Everything working fine till I'm about to link the JIRA project to X Bitbucket Cloud repositories. Had an existing Bitbucket cloud account prior to creating the JIRA account. Unfortunately, used the same email address.

Currently am experiencing a 401 HTTP Status code when accessing JIRA from Bitbucket using the BItbucket account. And am not sure if JIRA Project is linked to Bitbucket Cloud repository.

2 answers

0 votes
apparentsoft February 6, 2017

I see the same problem. And what you suggest, @Yogesh Mude[Jira], is not working. It's also not how Atlassian says that Bitbucket integration should work. When I click on JIRA integration in BitBucket, I see the following:

When I start connecting to BitBucket from JIRA, it presents me with a list of accounts. I select the Team account (apparentsoftware, private), of which I am the admin. When I authorize with the team account, I can see all the repositories listed and I can check them on/off and first time it works. But after that I don't see any automatic updating of tickets (Smart Commits) when I push to bitbucket. When I try to configure the JIRA integration from Bitbucket side, I get the message below, as I wrote. Really lost with something that should just work.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 00.23.40.png

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2016

Hi @David Badiola

Linking Bitbucket cloud with JIRA, click on Bitbucket settings-->Outh–> Add Consumer (Which you want to integrate like Confluence, Bamboo, Jira) and provide the details like URL and all and you will find there Secret and key.

Once you done this go to the JIRA and there you can find DVCS Account and provide this generated Secret and key .

regards

Yogesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events