Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Fisheye - Does Scanning Stop if you exceed paid license?

Jonathan Jackson October 3, 2011

My company is thinking of purchasing a Fisheye + Crucible license.

We have about 150 commiters in our SVN repository but only need 100 Fisheye + Crucible licenses since we shall not be sending reviews to all developers.

If I have 150 committers and only Fisheye + Crucible licenses for 100 users then:-

1. Will Fisheye stop scanning my repository when it detects we have more committers than we have number of licenses? (I believe this is what the starter license does)

2. If the scanning does not stop then can I still see the SVN committer ID in Fisheye even though its isn't mapped to a Fisheye account?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2011

The FishEye starter license is the only license type to put a restriction on the amount of committers allowed within a repository (10 committers). All commercial licenses can have an unlimited number of committers. You can create user accounts as required (in your case for people performing reviews) and map their committer name to the user. The rest of the committers will index successfully but won't be mapped to a particular user. You can view statistics and commit history for these committers but they won't get the benefits of being associated to a user.

Jonathan Jackson October 3, 2011

Hi Jason

Thanks for the prompt answer.

regards

Jon

jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2011

Hi Jon,

Make sure you accept and vote up this answer to it is easily found by others

Cheers,

Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events