Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and Bitbuckt are tacking long time with the browser in order to load

A K April 4, 2018

Hello Dears,

I just installed Both of Jira + BitBucket + Confluence on my Dedicated Server (8 Cores) with 30GB Ram (Centos).

I used the database PostregSQL v10.1 

All are working well, except Jira & BitBucket ..

Every time I close the browser and try to access them again, they take a long time in order to load the page for the first time but after that, I can browse them normally without any slowness.

Notes:

- I've SELinux is enabled "enforced"

- I tried to increase the allocated memory for them to the doubles but still

- I didn't notice any strange error

Your suggestions please ?

1 answer

0 votes
daniele_carcasole
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi,

Couple of things on your configuration:

Please move your application to a supported version of Postgres.

• SELinux:
    I've SELinux is enabled "enforced"

SELinux might be creating issues to performance in case settings are too aggressive.
    We have a KB for confluence on some guideines on how to troubleshoot some issues we are aware of How to debug SELinux

If setting SELinux on permissive mode does not help try disabling it completely and see if this helps with the issue

• Server configuration:
    We usually suggest our customers to run our applications in dedicated server to avoid too much resource contention.
    If you consider to promote the configuration you have in place to your production environment, please consider the possibility to split the applications over multiple servers.

You might also want to use Testing disk access speed for a Java application to see if the I/O of your current storage is good enough to sustain the requirements for the applications. Still remember that these values are still referring to performance for a single application running on the server. They might not be applicable in high contentions situations such having 3 application (and the DBMS) running on the same server.

Next Steps

If moving to a supported version of Postgres and disabling SELinux do not help in getting rid of the issue please let us know so that we can open a ticket for your case in our support system.

We will probably require you to collect logs, Thread Dumps and HAR exports to proceed investigating and that might contain too many sensitive data to leave it on a public page :)

Hope this helps

Daniele

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events