Jira Subversion Repository limitations and adding a new repository

Mahmoud Saleh October 29, 2011

hi, after installing Jira Subversion plugin, i am trying to add a new repository, and i am confused about the display name and repository root, can i change the display name later ? and what to enter in the repository root ?

and after creating a repository, how to upload projects to it.

- question 2 :

can i upload different projects to one repository or just one project per repository ?
and does the repository have a limited disk space, in other words (what are the repository limitations)?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2011

Your upload question depends on what you are trying to do and I would suggest asking a subversion forum verses a Jira forum in this partcular case.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2011

The display name is changeable by editing the repository information from the adminstration screen.

If you are really creating another new repository, you will need to ask support for the root string to use since it will be storage space on their hosting site.

If you are just using an existing repository, you need to use the root of that subversion repository.

I highly recommend reading the subversion documentation, but many projects can be in the same repository.

Any limitations will be based upon your hosting site, so I would suggest asking support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events