Jira Cloud users to be also Bitbucket cloud users

I want that some of my JIRA Cloud users were also Bitbucket users. 

I have connected our JIRA Cloud instance to our Bitbucket Cloud instance using JIRA -> Applications -> DVCS accounts

Also I have created a team in Bitbucket but when I try to grant access to my JIRA Cloud users from the Bitbucket team -> manage team -> add member and put their usernames then Bitbucket say "No user found"

Any idea on how to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi there

Bitbucket and JIRA Cloud have separate user databases (and therefore do not share usernames), so your users will need to have accounts in both products. To check if they already have a Bitbucket account, you can search for users by email address in Bitbucket (instead of username). If they don't, you'll can invite them from the same screen.

To make this process easier, you can set up the DVCS connector to automatically invite new JIRA users to Bitbucket: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Configure+automatic+team+invitations

Thanks for using both products!

Alastair

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,944 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you