Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Jira Cloud] Despite configured stash always forwarding to Bitbucket

Tobias January 22, 2018

I have a problem and no idea where to look. For about a week, the connection to our (self-hosted) stash server suddenly stops working. In the jira-issues you do not see the branches. There is only the link "Create Branch". If you click on it, you end up on a Bitbucket login page.

My try: I deleted the link under "Application links" in Jira and Stash and rebuilt it. In Jira status is now "Connected".

But my problem persists. :(

There is some interesting information: I have defined the jira-workflow to trigger a transition when a branch is created. And that is exactly what happened. A branch was created in Stash and the transition was triggered in Jira:

Automated transition started progress on BLABLABLA (triggered when a branch was created in Stash)

So it looks like the connection is really correct and there is an error in Jira Cloud. ?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tobias January 26, 2018

After it did not work for about 2 weeks, everything is back to normal since the 25.01. We haven't changed anything.

strange

1 vote
Tobias January 23, 2018

Description extended...

There is some interesting information: I have defined the jira-workflow to trigger a transition when a branch is created. And that is exactly what happened. A branch was created in Stash and the transition was triggered in Jira:

Automated transition started progress on BLABLABLA (triggered when a branch was created in Stash)

So it looks like the connection is really correct and there is an error in Jira Cloud. ?

0 votes
Timothy_Harris February 7, 2019

Have this exact same problem today. This was working fine yesterday at least. 

We have spun up an in house Bitbucket server as we are moving on premise. We have been running this as evaluation until we are confidant all is well. Were just about to buy license when suddenly, for no reason, creating a branch took us straight to bitbucket.org instead of giving us dialog  where we select either bitbucket.org or new on premise instance. 

I removed the connection to bitbucket.org, deleted and recreated the application links to new on premise bitbucket server.

Now we don't even have the create branch from Jira issues anymore. We can see all the previous commits and branches though. The application links show nice and green and connected from both sides.

Bitbucket server version is 5.13 so not that old.

Anybody know what causes this?

0 votes
Tobias January 23, 2018

Do you have any new information for me @Ana Retamal or anyone else from Atlassian?

0 votes
Tobias January 23, 2018

Thanks for your feedback @Ana Retamal and now my answers:

• Stash has not been updated. Stash is unchanged and in version 3.8.0 on our server
  • Yes, the integration was done as described. The whole thing has worked wonderfully for years.
  • I can not find a Jira version, but we use Jira Cloud. So it will be the latest version. Accordingly, only Jira may have changed recently.

All in all, I do not think that the EOL Stash is the problem, but Jira Cloud. 2 weeks ago, everything worked fine for uns.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Tobias, has your Stash been upgraded recently? Stash is the old name for Bitbucket Server, so that might be the reason why you're being redirected to Bitbucket now.

Can you confirm you've followed the steps at Jira integration?

Also, can you let us know which Jira and Stash version are you using? Note that Stash is already EOL, so we might not be able to help you make this integration work again.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events