Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMX monitoring for Bitbucket 4.13 not working - connection refused

JAISHANKAR SIDDAGANGAPPA May 3, 2017

I am trying to do performance monitoring of bitbucket staging server and followed instructions on https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0413/enabling-jmx-counters-for-performance-monitoring-873875206.html

Despite following instructions from above, JConsole login window keeps complaining "Connection failed: Connection refused". Not sure why. I tried with FQDN, IP address but in vain.

Please advise

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

There are a few things to do to make it work:

* start bitbucket with -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=`hostname -f` (Linux)

* if you use ssl, you may have to import your CA's root certificates into the Java trusstore, if you use a corporate CA

* if you use proxy settings, make sure you excluded local traffic, or your proxy can handle JMX

* you may have to configure JMX role to user mappings on the server (jmxpassword.properties)

* use the correct user name when autenticating with JMX

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Also make sure that hostname -f actually prints the FQDN of the server.

JAISHANKAR SIDDAGANGAPPA May 4, 2017

Thank you Mike. I tried all what you suggested but in vain.

The host running bitbucket is not behind a firewall.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events