JMX monitoring for Bitbucket 4.13 not working - connection refused

I am trying to do performance monitoring of bitbucket staging server and followed instructions on https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0413/enabling-jmx-counters-for-performance-monitoring-873875206.html

Despite following instructions from above, JConsole login window keeps complaining "Connection failed: Connection refused". Not sure why. I tried with FQDN, IP address but in vain.

Please advise

1 answer

There are a few things to do to make it work:

* start bitbucket with -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=`hostname -f` (Linux)

* if you use ssl, you may have to import your CA's root certificates into the Java trusstore, if you use a corporate CA

* if you use proxy settings, make sure you excluded local traffic, or your proxy can handle JMX

* you may have to configure JMX role to user mappings on the server (jmxpassword.properties)

* use the correct user name when autenticating with JMX

Also make sure that hostname -f actually prints the FQDN of the server.

Thank you Mike. I tried all what you suggested but in vain.

The host running bitbucket is not behind a firewall.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

705 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot