Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA subversion plugin error: Error retrieving changes from the repository.

Pangianto Pang October 23, 2012

Hi all,

I realise cannot see any commit anymore from the svn. Here is the error i got from the Subversion Repositories.

Repository Root: https://svn.server/svn/132/svndir
Inactive (svn: timed out waiting for server svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/132/svndir/!svn/bc/62119')

The similar error was found in the JIRA log as well.

Error retrieving changes from the repository.
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: timed out waiting for server
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/132/svndir/!svn/bc/62084'

The path which has failed does not exist too.

Can please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Did someone reorganize your svn tree or moved things around? Does an svn log on your svn complete svn tree work? If so, I would follow the directions to reindex the complete svn tree associated with with Jira.

I would rename the index directory instead of deleting it in case it does not recreate.

"If the plugin loads, but you don't see commits:

• Check that the current user has the View Version Control permission.
  • Have you made any Subversion commits mentioning JIRA issue keys? If not, obviously you won't see any links in JIRA.
  • If in doubt of your configuration, try deleting the Subversion plugin's index on disk. This is the <tt>plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions</tt> directory found under the index directory (check Administration -> Indexing for this). Then restart JIRA. Watch the logs for any errors."

Pangianto Pang October 23, 2012

Hi, thanks for your response.

do you know how to check the svn complete svn tree work?

I have tried to delete the subversion plugin indexes already.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Check your Jira logs. there should be no exceptions and the latest updates should be showing up on the commit panel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events