cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA not picking up changes on java files / also SVN commit

Emanuel Mane January 22, 2013

Hi all,

This is a beginners question!!

I have just started using the plugin Atlassian connector for Eclipse and I wanted it to register/recognise all the changes I have done to my code and allow me to commit it using SVN and automatically populating with the JIRA number/description. The question is how can I do it?

I can see al my JIRAs and I have one of them active. I change the code but it doesn't recognise it. Also I am not being able to commit it from my IDE even though I have my SVN Subclipse plugin installed and running.

Any material that I can read to find the solution for this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Are you expecting the Atlassian connector to automatically know what files you have changes & know which Jira issue the changes relate to, then commit it to SVN for you?

if you are, then I think you have misunderstood what it does.

It's up to to commit your code and puta JIRA ID in the commit message. if you're Jira server has the SVN connection, it will then match your changeset against the Jira issue.

Emanuel Mane January 24, 2013

Hi Mat,

Probably I didnt express myself well. What I want to make work is exactly what you mentioned but I just couldn't do it.

I am not being able to commit my code and it automatically adding the JIRA comments. If I try to commit my code nothing is added into my comments.

And I guess that the JIRA recognising the changes that I mentioned it is to do with what you said about the JIRA server having a SVN connection to match the changeset. Anyway, I will need to investigate further but if you could please just give me some help on how to automatically add the JIRA comments when I commit the code would be very appreciated.

Regards

Mane

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Ok, first make sure you Jira server hast his installed..

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion

then make add a connection to your SVN server. The documentation is

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin

"To add repositories, go to the Administration section and select "Subversion Repositories" from the sidebar and then select "Add". Next enter the repository's information to the form. If you you have a svn web interface (ViewVC, Fisheye, etc) you can also configure the 'linkformat' properties to link to it. The interface will pre-populate ViewVC, Fisheye, and WebClient for SVN links for you, but you may need to edit them depending on the repository's setup:"

Once you've created it, it will index the repo which may take some time, so be patient.

Eventually, the commits will show up, not in the comment, but on the "Subversion Commits" tab.

best, click the "All" tabe and see everything for now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events