JIRA and Bitbucket Integration

Andy Cravens September 26, 2017

I am preparing to install Bitbucket and will be integrating it with our existing Jira.  I'd like to find out what accounts need to be in place before installing Bitbucket.  I know that during the Bitbucket install I need to specify a Bitbucket admin user and password.  Does this user need to be defined in Crowd or is this an account that is "local" to the Bitbucket server?

Concerning the Jira Bitbucket integration piece,  what other pieces of information do I need to have in advance before starting the install?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Andy, the admin account should be the initial local account.  Once Bitbucket has been installed, you can connect it to crowd for user authentication.  As far as integrating with JIRA, once Bitbucket is up and running and user auth is setup, you will need to create an application link between the two.  This can be setup from either the Bitbucket or JIRA side.

-pd

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

The admin account can be local to Bitbucket, or you can use a shared admin account. For the integration you need admin rights in Bitbucket and system admin global permission in JIRA. Here is the documentation about linking Bitbucket and JIRA, https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/linking-bitbucket-server-with-jira-776640408.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events