JIRA DVCS Connector 1.22 and Jira 5.2 = garbled cyrillic Bitbucket commit comments

Dmitry.Semionin December 7, 2012

I'm using Jira 5.2. Until recently i've also been using JIRA DVCS Connector plugin version 1.03 - and it was working fine and wasn't even trying to update to the latest version.

Yesterday i decided to manually update the DVCS Connector plugin via the Marketplace to the version 1.22. And while the main functionality - pulling the commits from the associated Butbucket repos - is working fine, one of its aspects got broken. All the cyrillic commit comments are now displayed in some garbled form in Jira, while they are totally okay in Bitbucket and were totally okay with DVCS Connector version 1.03.

For example, "Фикс инсталляционного дампа" in Bitbucket gets transformed into "РџРѕРёСЃРє товаров Фикс инсталляционного дампа" in Jira. Both pages are being viewed in the same browser, both with the UTF-8 encoding in use.

Any ideas how to fix that other than reverting to the older version of DVCS Connector?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hi Dmitry,

I haven't tested this with version 1.03, but I have done so in version 1.2.3 and it's working fine, I'd suggest you install the new version and hope everything works well for you :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events