Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems I can't deploy to FTP

coreyog June 9, 2016

I'm using the npm package dploy to put all my files onto an FTP server. It runs just fine when I run it in my windows or my linux machines however when it runs in pipelines the FTP Connection fails. Is this a pipelines issue or should I look into my code more?

Here's my output for the script step that's attempting the deploy.

+ echo $FTP_PASSWORD | npm run deploy
npm info it worked if it ends with ok
npm info using npm@3.8.6
npm info using node@v5.11.0
npm info lifecycle material-pokedex@1.0.0~predeploy: material-pokedex@1.0.0

npm info lifecycle material-pokedex@1.0.0~deploy: material-pokedex@1.0.0

> material-pokedex@1.0.0 deploy /opt/atlassian/bitbucketci/agent/build
> dploy

– Enter the password for ftp.materialpokedex.com: 

Connecting to live...
Connection failed.
Connection failed.

npm info lifecycle material-pokedex@1.0.0~postdeploy: material-pokedex@1.0.0
npm info ok

I have made sure that my FTP_PASSWORD variable is properly escaped. I can run that exact command on my linux mint setup and it works. I've also tried it with printf and quotes instead of echo and haven't noticed a change. Both work on my setup.

EDIT: So it seems to be something related to my password. I changed my password and now it works. Maybe it wasn't fully escaped or something. I don't know. I think the only way to get help would be to expose my password. Something must be different between Mint's console and Ubuntu's console.

1 answer

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2016

In principal that should be possible and so you should probably share some more information to see what's going wrong. Can you paste the output?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events