Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there way to purchase a server licence?

markbrinton February 8, 2021

Hi,

I started with a self hosted instance of BitBucket a couple of weeks ago, under an evaluation licence.  The evaluation went well, and we have a lot of source code moved over from Subversion. I just went to purchase a full licence, but they are no-longer for sale. 

I'm sure I'm at fault for not knowing about this.  But I don't remember it being mentioned when I received the evaluation licence.  I didn't expect the product to no-longer be available before the evaluation period ended.

A cloud migration isn't an option. The self hosted option is the only one that works for us.

Is there any way to still purchase a licence, or is it definitely too late? 

Regards,

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hi Mark, welcome to the Community!

According to the frequently asked questions about the end of new Server license sales , any quotes generated before the end of Server license sales on February 2 will be honored. Unfortunately, I don't see any outstanding quotes on your account. If there's possibly an open quote on another account in your organization, you could contact our customer advocates team for help fulfilling the quote.

In terms of continuing on-premise, it is possible to license your existing install as Bitbucket Data Center. I do understand this is a significant jump if you were looking at the 10-user Starter license, as Bitbucket Data Center starts at 25 users. The Data Center product has high-availability and disaster recovery capabilities beyond what could be achieved in Server instances.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions about Data Center's capabilities, or if I can help unblock anything that might be preventing you from considering a Cloud migration.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

markbrinton February 9, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for replying so quickly. 

Our server would be for a small team and I was planning to pay for the 10-user license myself.  The price jump will rule out Bitbucket for us, and I think we'll move over to gitea instead.

If the Feb 2nd deadline had been mentioned when I obtained the evaluation license I would have purchased the full licence a few days earlier. 

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events