Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some mail for support users?

Deleted user July 5, 2016

I spend a half on an hour in trying to get access to my bitbucket acount. I cannot understend new login in system (with using Attlasian). How can I ask a question about simple login in problem? Without this horrible ticket system? Just simple small question.

I put here the question to. Maybe somebody can answer me for it (or administrator will create separate question in correct way):

TITLE: I can't log in into my bitbucket account

QUESTION: When I type my bitbucket password, I get interface "Hey Vladimir, we're simplifying your login experience" and proposal to link my Attlasian account... But I don't want to connect Attlasian account, I don't remember my Attlasian account pass and I forgot pass and conformation answer for connected mail. I logged in to bitbucket accout using small and simple password, and now I cannot do it.

Please, give me a possibility to access to my account! I can send a scan copy of my national or international passport if it'll be needed. I just want to migrate my projects to GitLab.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2016

Have you raised something with https://support.atlassian.com ?  You won't need IDs or anything complex like that, just your old account details (possibly even just your email address)

Deleted user July 5, 2016

Yes. I asked this question using this form... But this questions category is named "questions for comunity", while I need an answer from bitbucket administration.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2016

That's why you need to visit https://support.atlassian.com - we're a community of end-users, not Atlassian support (i.e. Bitbucket administration)

Deleted user July 6, 2016

This is how page by your link looks:

Безымянный.jpg

What button should I press to ask my question? For example, this question I asked in page found by pressing "Community answers" button.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2016

I'd try "get help with a specific issue", but also scroll down the page a little to see all the other options you have

Deleted user July 6, 2016

Yes, I tried "get help with a specific issue". Pages for this options looks like this (I underlined option that is selected):

Безымянный2.jpg

Form for creating issue presented below:

Безымянный1.jpg

This page presents the thing that I named "this horrible ticket system". Writing this question I hope to find some more simple way for support asking.

P.S.: I want to clarify, I named ticket system "horrible" because of strange license requirement (requirement presented in underlined panel in the picture above)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2016

Ok, well, that's for Bitbucket server, rather than Cloud, so I suspect it's the wrong thing.

That licence information is a request to prove you're entitled to support, but you won't be able to get it because you can't get in.  If this really is a server system, you'll need to recover the password you've lost with https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/restoring-the-bitbucket-server-administrator-s-password-779171280.html

If it is a Cloud system, then you should follow the lost password routeines for that.

Deleted user July 11, 2016

Given link is for adinistrators, but I'm just simple user with free acount. And, in another hand, I can't restore password using my mail because I forgot mail password. When I used Bitbucket, it was possible to log in though Bitbucket account password. New interface forces me to use some Atlassian account (I can't remember when I created it acount at all), that has some other password (Atlasian password). I don't know what password it want me to type. Actually, I cannot remeber at all when I registered in Atlassian system.

Lets return to origins of a problem. I have had bitbucket.org account. I don't know what is Cloud and what is Server. I was highly surprised to see all this Bitbucket site changes after just a six weeks passed. Now all that I want... Yes, I agree, losing of a password is my problem. But, as we see, there is no comfortable way to ask a question about such problem. And the other problem is message "These limits apply until you earn 3 points, then you can ask, answer and comment as much as you like" when I try to ask a question.

In another way, maybe problem is in my language level and I understand your comments in incorrect way. My English is far from a brilliant. If you think so, try to explain solution as for kid, using more simple language.

And, at last... Maybe I write it to late, but thank you for all given advices. You spend some time to help me and I discussed in rather rude maner. Forgive me if I was not delicate in some statements.

I hope, you'll help me to solve my problems.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2016

Bitbucket has changed its authentication stuff in order to simplify and merge accounts, which has always been too complicated with the prolilferation of Atlassian services.

To raise a proper support call with Atlassian, you need to show evidence that you are supported, which means getting the "support entitlement number" out of a system.  If you can't get into that system to find it out, you either need to contact your administrators, or reset your password

Here, we are just end-users like you, we have no admin rights in any of the Atlassian systems, all we can do is tell you that you need to reset your password

>I can't restore password using my mail because I forgot mail password

This is the bit that is broken.  You can reset your password via the UI, but it requires email.  If you can't get into your email, you are stuck.  Data security principles require the email.  You won't get anything back without that.

So, you need to fix your email before you can go any further.

For what it's worth, I didn't find you rude, and even if I had, I understand that it is often frustration making people angry.  I do understand that English may not be your first language - it's actually very good compared with a lot of people I come into contact with.  To my shame, I don't speak any language other than English (The English education system is not great at encouraging people to take languages)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events